With the appropriate qualifications, EducateVA can help you become a licensed teacher in the state of Virginia, while maintaining your current job and responsibilities.
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for the EducateVA program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and graduated with a GPA of 2.5 or better
- Have three (3) or more years of full-time post-baccalaureate work experience
- Have expertise in the Endorsement Area you would like to teach in
- Taken and passed the required assessments (Praxis II/Subject Assessment and VCLA)
- Willingness to have a criminal background check
- Do not currently have a Provisional License or expired Provisional License from the VDOE or a teaching license from any other state
What is required?
- Level I – Complete the 17/18-week program, which includes 40 hours of classroom field experience
- Level II – Teach successfully with a provisional Career Switcher license for one full year, including some Saturday sessions and online training
- After successful completion of Levels I and II, program participants are eligible to be recommended for a full 10-year renewable teaching license
**Please note: EducateVA does not offer training for an Elementary Education endorsement.