Your application will be reviewed to:
- Verify your Bachelor’s degree and GPA
- Verify your work experience using “Report on Experience” verification forms which are a part of the application form. A resume does not verify work experience. If you have been self-employed, you cannot sign the Report on Experience for yourself, but should contact the office. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.
- Verify your VCLA and Praxis Subject Assessment scores and ensure they meet the Virginia Department of Education’s qualifying scores for your endorsement area.
- Verify your successful completion of CPR/AED/First Aid Training.
- Verify your completion of the Child Abuse and Neglect module.
- Verify your completion of the Dyslexia Awareness module.
- Review transcripts for coursework that may qualify you for an additional endorsement.
- Assess your professional essay.
*Applicants are notified by email, if they are admitted to the program. Those who do not meet the requirements will have their complete application packet returned to them by mail.
You may not be accepted if you currently have a Provisional License or expired Provisional License from the VDOE.
You are not eligible if you have previously been issued a teaching license from any other state.